(Cancelled) STEAM Series Workshop – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and My Future
To tie in with the government's measures in preventing the spread of the Novel Coronavirus, and to safeguard our members' health, this event is cancelled. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
STEAM Series Workshop – Electrical and Mechanical Engineering and My Future
(Note: the workshop would be conducted in Cantonese)
The participants will learn more about the “Engineering” aspect of STEAM by visiting Electrical and Mechanical Services Department. The visit will be conducted by the Lady Engineer Team under the Hong Kong Institution of Engineers-Mechanical, Marine, Naval Architecture & Chemical Division. The Lady Engineer Team will also introduce the career prospects of lady engineer and how engineering linked with our life. It will develop the interests of the participants in engineering.
28 March 2020 (Saturday)
10:00a.m. – 1:00p.m.
Electrical and Mechanical Services Department Headquarters, 3 Kai Shing Street, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Meeting and Dismissing time:
Meeting Time: 9:15a.m.
Dismissing Time: 1:30p.m.
Meeting and Dismissing Venue:
HKGGA Headquarters (G/F, 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong)
Each application group should include one member and one family member/ Guider. One of them must be aged between 9 to 12 years old. Participants who aged below 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult family member/ Guider
Group can be:
- 9-12 years old Brownie or Girl Guide with one family member
- 18 years old or above Ranger Guide/ Golden Guide/ Guider with one 9-12 years old family member
$20 per group
(This will be the deposit and given back to the participant after attending the workshop.)
15 groups (30 people in total)
Points to note before apply:
1. Transportation will be arranged for participants from Headquarter, HKGGA to the field site. Please state clearly on the application form whether transportation arrangement is needed.
2. Each application should include one member and one family member/ Guider. Participants who aged below 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult family member/ Guider.
3. Application without application form or payment will be regarded as unsuccessfully and will not be accepted.
4. Once your application is accepted, reimbursement will not be entertained except cancellation of class due to bad weather arrangement. (Please refer to Bad Weather Arrangement of HKGGA)
5. Participants should stay tuned for our website update for application result and activity reminder.
Applications form and fee should be submitted by Post or In-Person to The Hong Kong Girls Guides Association – Programme Department. (Address: 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong) on or before 16 March 2020 (Monday).
2359 6815 (Joey Cham)