Food for Good Ambassador Program
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
Food for Good Ambassador Program
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association (HKGGA) and Food for Good, a non-profit organization, co-organize the “Food for Good Ambassador” Program, aimed at increasing awareness of the correct handling of the food waste. Brownies, Guides and Rangers are encouraged to complete the requirements of the program by preparing a logbook. A certificate and a cloth badge would be awarded by her Guider. They will then become the “Food for Good Ambassador” and spread the message to their friends and communities.
Food for Good Website：http://www.foodforgood.org.hk
What is the function of food? Try to list out three.
What is food waste?
Where is the food waste come from? Please point out two bad eating habits that will produce a lot of food waste.
Please list out three environmental problems caused by food waste.
How can we reduce food waste? Share three methods that you can do.
Please list out one method to reduce food waste at home.
Please name one Food Bank and one Community Kitchen respectively.
Start reducing food waste for two weeks. Record the food waste’s weight produced at home every day.
Motivate three family members sign a commitment and pledge to reduce food waste.
- List out the average amount of food waste produced daily in HK and its source distribution. Why the amount of food waste produced in Hong Kong is more than that in other countries? Please list out four reasons.
- Please list out three environmental problems caused by food waste.
- How can you reduce food waste and other solid waste? Please list out four methods.
- Explain the reason for having food waste in Hong Kong Schools. Most of the Hong Kong students need to stay at school for lunch, what kind of government policies can help to reduce and deal with the food waste? Please state two and explain how it helps.
- Please list out three measurements that large business organization (e.g. Shopping Mall or Hotel) used to reduce and deal with the food waste.
- Explain the theory of food waste to fertilizer bucket, state the procedure for making a food waste to fertilizer bucket or explain the theory of electric food waste to fertilizer machine.
- Please name one Food Bank and one Community Kitchen respectively.
- Record the weight of food waste produced at home for one week while evaluating how many of those can be reduced. Set up a target and method in reducing food waste and try to achieve it within one week. Compare the food waste produced within the period and evaluate for the effectiveness.
- Motivate five family members sign a commitment and pledge to reduce food waste.
- State the causes of wasting food in developing countries and developed countries
- Introduce the effectiveness of using food waste as a starter of Bio-gas. By considering the capital, technique and the recent environment in Hong Kong, discuss the possibility of launching Bio-gas in HK.
- Explain the theory of electric food waste to fertilizer machine, list out the pros and cons.
- When food waste converts into fish’s or pig’s feed, what are the concerns on the quality and safety? Considering the scale of the farming industry, fish-farming and pig- raising in HK, what do we need to concern on using food waste?
- What government policies can help to reduce and deal with the food waste recently?
- The solid waste problem in Hong Kong is now in a critical moment while our landfill sites are going to be fully occupied. We are now facing the pros and cons in searching for a new landfill site or building a new incinerator. By consider in both sides, suggest a venue to build the incinerator if you agreed Hong Kong should build an incinerator to handle the solid waste. If not, suggest another way to deal with the food waste.
- Write a proposal to motivate green eating behavior, food donation and food waste recycle in your community, the proposal should include:
- Analysis the amount of food waste produced in a community, study how many can be or cannot be avoided.
- The strategy, procedure, tool, method and manpower to process your project.
- The actual amount of food waste reduced and the number of public who can benefit from the food recycled (e.g. number of people are benefit from recycled edible food).
- The sustainability of the project, ensure the method can help in reducing food waste in a long term, standardize the operational procedure.
Appointed Guiders may download the "Food for Good Ambassador Certificate" and issue to her girls after the assessment.
Note: It is suggested to print the certificate in white A5 papers, either in full color or Black and White.
Appointed Guiders may contact Programme Department for collection of cloth badges for free, then issue to the girls after assessment.
The cloth badge could be worn on the back of the sash as souvenir badge
2332 5523 Programme Department