To enhance the morale and esprit of Hong Kong Girl Guides through the provision of entertainment to members, public musical performances and ceremonial activities to contribute the attraction of the public image and good views. Moreover, Girl Guide Members could develop themselves under the 4 signpost of Girl Guide Learning Methods:-
Service – Serve to the Association and the Community
Character – Develop own Interest on Musical Instruments
Skill – Learning Personal Footdrill and Parade techniques
Fitness – Making stronger body on playing Musical Instruments and doing parade at the same time
Instructor - Mr. Tong MA Man-lap
Tony learned bagpipe for over 20 years, received tuition from Bill Robertson and Callum Gilchrist, New Zealand Pipers. He was trained as drummer too. Tony obtained the Advanced Certificate from Royal New Zealand Pipe Band Association, Intermediate Level Certiciate from the Australia Bagpipe Association and Grade 8 of Snare Drum from the Trinity College London. He had lots of band conducting experience, and led groups for overseas bagpipe competition. He is currently the Snare Drum Band Leader from the Hong Kong Sea Cadet.
- Aged 12 or above, not limited to girls but also adult members
- No musical background is needed, but definitely a bonus
- Join an interview
- If being selected as a member, she have to buy her own practicing instruments (i.e. practice chanter or drum sticks) at her own expense.
- Members have to attend practice session of 3 hours per week.
- Members have to pay for the tuition fee with 10 times per season.
How to join / Enquiry
If you are interested to join the HKGGA Pipe Band, please contact Mr. Orcan Koo of Development Department at 2359 6824 or email@example.com