Yew Chung International School (YCIS) - Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)
Yew Chung International School (YCIS)
Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)
In efforts to widen participation and enable more local students to benefit from a YCIS education in Secondary, YCIS has launched a “Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)” to award local students (i.e. Hong Kong Permanent Residents) who excel academically and/or in extracurricular areas (e.g. sports, music, art, etc.), and demonstrate good character and attitude. Hong Kong Girl Guides Association is one of the Uniformed Groups being invited to participate in this Scheme.
Members who are interested in this scheme should read the following information carefully. Only shortlisted candidates will be recommended by the Association. Attitude is one of the most important factor for being recommended. Parents of the applicants should also be supportive of YCIS educational philosophy.
The details of this scheme for entry in August 2019 are shown as follows:
- For each Girl Guide who is interested in joining this programme, she is required to submit the following documents for selection (Documents may transfer to YCIS):
- A Recommendation Letter from Unit Guider and
- Girl Guide School Transcripts for last 2 academic years and
- Copies of supporting documents related to Academic excellence and/or outstanding performance in an extracurricular area
2. YCIS will invite student for assessment and interviews.
3. YCIS will announce results to the UG Heads and students.
4. Referrals of additional suitable candidates may be made at any point before June each year.
Criteria for selection:
- Academic excellence and/or outstanding performance in an extracurricular area;
- Communication skills in English;
- Good character and attitude;
- Parents are supportive of YCIS educational philosophy.
- Receive up to 100% and multi-year tuition fee waiver, until Secondary completion (Year 13);
- Receive up to HKD 30K annual educational allowance for school trips and others mandatory expenses (e.g. laptop, public exam fees);
- Debenture will be waived.
(*Household income must be provided to YCIS for considering the ratio of tuition fee and allowance for the applicant)
Please provide all necessary documents (Refer to Application Procedures item 1) to “Development Department” by 16th November 2018 and mark clearly on the envelope “Yew Chung International School (YCIS) Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)”
Submitting your application
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
(8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon)
By Post (The post mark will be taken as the submission date)
**Yew Chung International School–Secondary provides international education to expatriate and local children aged 12 – 18 (Years 7-13). Recognised as one of the top international schools in Hong Kong, the YCIS curriculum prepares students to become bilingually competent in English and Chinese and internationally-minded global citizens. Years 7-9 represent Lower Secondary, followed by the 2-year IGCSE Programme in Years 10-11, and finally the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12-13.
Please feel free to contact Miss Charlotte Wong at 2359 6825 or E-mail: email@example.com for any enquiries.