Recruitment for WAGGGS 14th Asia Pacific Regional Conference - Observer (Young Women)
The Asia Pacific Regional Conference is held once every three years. Delegates from Member Organisations from the Asia Pacific Region attend the conference to celebrate achievements of the past three years and discuss strategies for the future development of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting.
The 14th Asia Pacific Regional Conference (14APRC) is now set to be held virtually via online platform by The Girl Guides (Girl Scouts) Association of Thailand, in August 2021 with the theme of "Together We Thrive".
In support of WAGGGS' mission of developing young women as decision makers, the HKGGA is now calling for applications from young women (aged 18-29) to join the Hong Kong delegation as observers to attend the 14th Asia Pacific Regional Conference. This is an excellent opportunity for young women to gain valuable international experience.
Conference: 10th - 14th August 2022
Young Women's Pre-event : 6th - 7th August 2022
- Aged 18-29 (under the age of 30 on the 1st day of the Conference)
- Current and active members of HKGGA, preferably with roles at District level or above, or aiming to contribute to Hong Kong or global Guiding positions in the future.
- Passionate about Girl Guiding, WAGGGS knowledge, leadership mindsets, governance and advocacy.
- Be able to communicate in English and willing to participate actively in discussions.
- Must attend the full conference period and Young Women's Pre-event.
- Assist with publicity work via social media during the conference period.
- Commit to the projects/roles assigned by the Association after the conference.
Tentative Conference Schedule:
Interested member please fill in the application form (word/pdf) and submit to International and China Liaison Office (email@example.com) via email on or before 5th April 2022, the Office will contact applicant for the interview details(Tentative interview date: evening on 4th - 8th April, 2022) via email.
International and China Liaison Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)