香港女童軍總會得到梅夫人婦女會的支持，為小女童軍及女童軍設立「梅夫人婦女會英語會話章 (The Helena May English Conversation Badge)」，以鼓勵她們提升英語會話及應對的技巧及能力。
There are two parts at this Assessment :
A. Skill Set: Interactive skills : – confidence, assertive as opposed to tongue tied and shy. Lively.
B. Language skills: Vocabulary, grammar, comprehension, creativity.
1. HK transport. How did you get here?
2. The Helena May – impressions and observations.
3. Guide programme – The badges the Guides or Brownies have gained as they will be attending in uniform.
4. Wish list. If they could have five wishes – what would they be and why?
5. Food in Hong Kong
Plus Two unknown: This may be a photograph or a picture OR an object which is a conversation starter.
From Photos or object to general conversation.
- The photograph, picture or object is a starting point for a general conversation.
- Girl Guides be able to talk about their interests and enthusiasms.
- Girl Guides should be able to give reasons for their views.
- Girl Guides are encouraged to elicit views from their partner and to show an interest in what their partner has to say.
- It would be fine for asking the assessor or other Guide or Brownie to repeat a question.
Girl Guides will be assessed on their language skills and not on their personality, intelligence or knowledge of the world. They need to be well prepared for this and to use appropriate language. They are strongly discouraged from using prepared rehearsed speeches.
2332 5523 程序部