Hong Kong Girl Guides Special Notice – 26 May 2020
In response to the latest situation of novel coronavirus infection in Hong Kong, and also to tie in with the government's measures in preventing the spread of the virus, and to safeguard our members' health, the Association will implement the following activity arrangements:
- All unit meetings, activities and trainings should remain suspended. The decision on suspension is made in accordance to with the “Guidelines to Schools on Class Resumption” issued by the Education Bureau, the Guidelines stated that “Schools should avoid non-essential gathering of students and consider using public announcement system to replace assemblies. Schools should also reduce extra-curricular activities within and beyond the campuses in order to reduce the risk of infection.”
- Activities, meetings and trainings for adult members organized by the Headquarters, Division, Districts or Regional/District Associations can be resumed starting from 1 June based on the individual circumstances of each occasion. However, the “Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap. 599G)” on the prohibition of group gatherings of more than the number of people as stipulated by the law must be compiled with. Also, participants have to maintain certain social distance. (Please refer to the circular of Latest Arrangements on Face-to-face Meeting and Training Activities of Adult Members).
- To minimise the risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19, members are still encouraged to have activities, meetings and trainings for adults using online tools instead of face-to-face methods.
- HKGGA Head Office (8, Gascoigne Road), NT West Centre, Island Centre & Badgework Centre continue to provide normal services starting from 4 May 2020 (Please refer to the circular of Health Measures for Visitors and Members).
- HKGGA Tin Shui Wai Pansy Ho Activity Centre & HKGGA Jockey Club Tung Chung Activity Centre continue to maintain minimum service and all activities remain suspended. Please keep social distancing while entering the Centres. All scheduled classes will still be suspended. (Centres will follow the health measures of the Association, please refer to the circular of Health Measures for Visitors and Members).
- All venue rental services of HKGGA HQs and campsites will be resumed starting from 1 June. However, venue users must compile with the “Prevention and Control of Disease (Prohibition on Group Gathering) Regulation (Cap. 599G)” on the prohibition of group gatherings of more than the number of people as stipulated by the law. Also, participants have to maintain certain social distance. For details, please refer to “Headquarters Reopening Notice” and “Campsites Reopening Notice”.
We will review the situation from time to time. Updated measures and arrangements will be posted on the Association's website and Facebook page.