Recruitment for WAGGGS 38th World Conference – Observers / Young Women Observers
The World Conference of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) is held every three years and is a key part of policy making for WAGGGS and its Member Organisations. The 38th World Conference (38 WoCo) is to be held in July 2023 in Cyprus. During the Conference, Member Organisations will elect new World Board Members, decide the host of the 39th World Conference in 2026, and consider proposed constitutional and other motions.
The HKGGA is now calling for applications from members to join the Hong Kong delegation as Observers to attend the 38th World Conference.
- Current and active members of HKGGA, preferably with roles at District level or above, or aiming to contribute to Hong Kong or global Guiding positions in the future.
- Passionate about Girl Guiding, WAGGGS knowledge, leadership mindsets, governance and advocacy.
- Be able to communicate in English and willing to participate actively in discussions.
- Must be able to attend the interview
- Must attend the full Conference period (refer to the tentative Conference schedule below) and the Young Women’s Pre-Event (applicable to Young Women only).
- Attend HKGGA Delegation preparation meetings between May and July 2023 prior to departure for Cyprus.
- Support the Head Delegate and Delegate in Conference-related tasks and assignments.
- Assist with publicity work via social media during the Conference period.
- Commit to the projects/roles assigned by HKGGA after the Conference, including but not limited to the Organising Committee for Let Us Share 2024 (held in February 2024), sharing at Commissioners’ Day, etc.
Observers will need to bear part of the cost (The Association will subsidise 60% to 85% of the event fee)
Please submit the application form (word/pdf) with a nominating Commissioner's recommendation to the International and China Liaison Office (email@example.com) on or before 9 April 2023 (Sunday).
Quota: 3 for Young Women (aged 18-30; must be under the age of 30 on the first day of the Conference), 2 for other Guiders/Commissioners
An interview will be arranged between 12th to 21st April 2023. Details will be provided later.
*Tentative schedule for 38th World Conference.
Young Women observers have to attend the Young Women Pre-Event on 25th July 2023.
International and Mainland Liaison Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)