[Update] 38th World Conference - Call for International Service Team
Looking for an enthusiastic International Service Team (IST) that will help deliver the 38th World Conference!
The 38th World Conference will be held in Cyprus from 26 to 31 July 2023. You will be part of a global group of volunteers who will support WAGGGS in delivering an exceptional World Conference experience. This is an amazing opportunity to gain valuable experience in a variety of different roles while making new friends. You will be crucial for ensuring that attendees feel supported and have an amazing experience at the conference!
IST will need to attend online meetings from May 2023 to prepare the work for the World Conference. You will also need to be available for the full World Conference programme in Cyprus from 24 to 31 July 2023.
- Supporting office logistics or running items and materials to sessions throughout the venue
- Supporting arrivals and departures of Conference participants
- Selling merchandise in the WAGGGS shop or writing social media posts
- Supporting tech requirements for sessions
- Be at the registration and information desk to help participants have a great experience during the Conference
Skills and Experience
- Be friendly and approachable
- Be able to work independently and as a team member
- Be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing
- Highly beneficial to be able to communicate in more than one of the four official WAGGGS languages
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse points of view and have an appreciation of cultural diversity
- It would be useful to have previously attended an international experience
- It would be useful to have previously attended a Regional Conference or World Conference
- Strong IT skills and comfortable with working in an online environment
- Knowledge of Social Media platforms
(Update) What is included
If selected for this role, the following items will be covered by WAGGGS. Part of the event fee would also be subsidised by HKGGA.
- Registration fee
- Contribution to the cost of the flight (up to 700 Euros)
- Airport transfer
- Meals during the conference
Any other costs will need to be paid by the volunteer. You may find more details in the International Service Team Pack.
How to Apply
Please complete the application form and submit directly to the WAGGGS World Conference Team as per the instructions before 7:59 am HKT on Wednesday 1 March 2023. After the closing date, the Planning Team will be in contact with individuals about the next steps.
International and Mainland Liaison Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)