WAGGGS Advocacy Champion Network - Hong Kong Recruitment (截止日期延至2/11/2018)
WAGGGS Advocacy Champions will be a select number of young women chosen for their commitment to gender equality, their involvement in Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting and their ability to lead, challenge and create a ripple effect.
The Advocacy Champions group will:
- Be composed of 10 young women with 2 additional being the substitute Advocacy Champions (12 in total).
- Replace WAGGGS’ youth delegates to global events. WAGGGS will not be announcing call for applications to join the delegation at the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) or other global events. Delegations to most of the global events will be formed from the Advocacy Champions group.
- Act as WAGGGS delegates for 18 months.
- Represent WAGGGS in key youth global spaces. Each Advocacy Champion will attend a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 global events. All Advocacy Champions will attend the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW).
By becoming Advocacy Champions young women will have exciting opportunities for personal growth and development and to represent WAGGGS and their Member Organisation externally.
Any Girl Guide or Girl Scout who meets the selection criteria and is between the ages of 18 and 30 (throughout their term of engagement, until May 2020) can apply to join the Advocacy Champions network.
The selection criteria:-
- Involvement in Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting in Member Organisation.
- An interest in and passion for gender equality and sustainable development.
- Knowledge of and commitment to, issues relating to girls, young women and women, specifically the thematic priorities for WAGGGS, such as girls’ leadership, gender-based violence, education etc.
- Extensive experience and engagement with key WAGGGS programmes and campaigns, e.g. Stop the Violence, Action on Body confidence etc.
- Current or previous experience working on community action or advocacy campaigns, in particular related to WAGGGS campaigns and programmes.
- A very good working knowledge of English, in order to represent WAGGGS in different international fora.
- Excellent public speaking skills and the confidence to represent WAGGGS at international and regional levels.
- Proven experience, knowledge and/or skills in at least two of the following areas: campaigning, lobbying, awareness raising, policy development, communications (including social media), non-formal education, event planning.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of engaging within a team.
- Conscientiousness and an ability to take ownership of all responsibilities and to honour commitments.
- Regular access to the internet.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, either through positions of leadership or examples of leadership during recent or current initiatives within or outside MO.
- Good written communication skills in English.
- Skills in innovation and creativity.
- Knowledge of another WAGGGS official language.
Details about the background, opportunities, responsibilities and time commitment, etc. can be found from the Terms of Reference provided by WAGGGS.
HOW TO JOIN
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association is now calling for potential candidates to join the WAGGGS Advocacy Champion Network.
Girl Guide, Ranger and Young Leader/Guider who is between the ages of 18 and 30 and meets the criteria could complete the application form and submit to Programme Office, the Hong Kong Girl Guides Association (8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon, HONG KONG) or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection interview might be conducted with the applicant by HKGGA. Applicants will be informed for further arrangements.
HONG KONG APPLICATION DEADLINE
31 October 2018 (Wednesday) NOW EXTENDED TO 2 NOVEMBER 2018 (FRIDAY)
2359 6817 (Circle Huen) / email@example.com