[已截止] Juliette Low Seminar 2019
Juliette Low Seminar 2019
UPDATE：Congratulations to the following 5 members who were elected as the representatives of HKGGA to attend the 2019 Juliette Low Seminar!
|Lau Yung||Sea Ranger Ship Protector|
|Cheung Pui Ying Pauline||32 WK Coy|
|Lai Mei Kwan||Sea Ranger Ship Protector|
|Sze Wai Yan Alison||92 WK Coy|
|Wong Wing Yan||15 WK RGSU|
The Juliette Low Seminar (JLS) has been running since 1932 as WAGGGS' flagship international leadership event. It started as an opportunity to promote international friendship and now empowers young women to take the lead in their lives, communities, national organisations and beyond.
This event is back in 2019 and it's bigger than ever. For the first time, the JLS has up to 1000 spaces available for members aged 20 – 30 to join them in one of 20 hub locations around the world, connected through technology. Meet your guiding and scouting peers, in a unique and diverse environment. Explore how to actively tackle gender barriers to leadership, and bring about positive change. The event will run in parallel from 14 to 20 November 2019 (participants will arrive on 13 November and can depart from the afternoon of 20 November) in a combination of languages including Arabic, English, French and Spanish - as well Mandarin and Swahili depending on demand.
This event will support participants around the world to develop leadership practices, global perspectives and a peer support network to take the lead in their lives. The theme will be around breaking gender barriers to leadership – the exact wording a strapline of the event is still to be confirmed. Throughout the 6 and a half day programme participants will explore how they can actively tackle gender barriers to leadership, and act on their values to bring positive change to their world. After their return home, each JLS participant will, empower 100 girls aged 12 – 18 with leadership practices to build their confidence as everyday leaders.
Participants should be:
- An active member of their national Girl Guiding or Girl Scouting organisation
- 20 - 30 years old by 30 November 2019
- Able to understand and communicate well in one of these languages: Arabic, English, French, Mandarin (Chinese), Spanish or Swahili
- Not have participated in a WAGGGS seminar or a CSW event before
- Cultural sensitive and opened minded
- Adaptable – as WAGGGS will use your preferences to select your JLS location
- Willing to undertake new and challenging experiences
- Mature and responsible global citizens
- Able to access the internet
- Able to arrange their own travel insurance
- Eager to develop new leadership skills and support their Association
- Committed to designing and running a leadership experience in their National Association after the seminar
|Event Date:||13 - 20 November 2019|
|Venue:||Hub location will be centrally assigned by WAGGGS|
*Programme fee covers meals, accommodation, programme costs and return travel to the nearest local station. It does not cover return travel from a participant’s home country, visa fees or travel insurance.
*The total event fee will be confirmed with all participants after WAGGGS completed the allocation of hub location for each participant in late Feb 2019.
*Please note that once your application has been sent to WAGGGS after selected by HKGGA, you are required to bear the full cost (including the programme fee and airfare) if you withdraw from the event.
|Application Form:||WORD (Download) / PDF (Download)|
|How to Apply:||Please fill in the application form and submit to International and China Liaison Office by post (8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon.) or by email (email@example.com).|
|Application Deadline:||28 December 2018 (Friday)|
|Interview Date:||Early January 2019 (Exact date and time to be announced)|
International and China Liaison Office
Tel: 2359 6827