WAGGGS Volunteer Resource Pool
Open for application throughout the year!
Purpose of the Volunteer Pool
To support various projects that provide opprtunities and build capacity around the core mission areas of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting; a high-quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience rooted in our Educational Method and strengthening leadership practices across the Movement. To support projects related to other areas of capacity building as appropriate and faciliate the translation and adaption of WAGGGS' work to different languages and contexts.
Membership & Criteria of the Volunteer Pool
- All WAGGGS members joining the pool will require the recommendation of their Member Organisation (MO) or Component Association (CA)
- Membership of the Volunteer Resource Pool is for a six-year period, starting from the date the volunteer signs their recommendation form
- Membership can be renewed upon agreeement by all parties
- Members are expected to act as positive ambassadors for the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement, to role model the Movement's values at all times and abide by WAGGGS' confidentiality policy
- All members must complete any induction as required by the World Association and agree to adhere to all other relevant policies and procedures as determined by the World Association
- Fluency in one or more of the WAGGGS official languages; English, French, Spanish, Arabic.
- Open minded and willing to try new things
- Commitment to consciously practice the WAGGGS leadership model (training will be given)
- Can work effectively and flexibly in a highly diverse environment
- Has level of expertise in one or more of the following capacity building areas:
- Organisational Identity (embedding mission vision and values into the organisation)
- Organisational structure and strategy (strategy and planning and governance)
- Quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout Experience (girl programme and educational method)
- Leadership Practice (strengthening leadership at all levels for girls and adults)
- Recruitment and retention
- Organisational management (including HR both for staff and volunteers)
- Fundraising and resource mobilization
- Image and visibility (including communications brand and media relations)
- Influence (including advocacy and partnerships)
For details, please refer to the following Terms of Reference:
Please return the application form (PDF/ WORD) to International & China Liaison Office by post (Headquarter: 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 5pm, 27 August 2018.
Tel: 2359 6827