Yew Chung International School (YCIS) Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)
Yew Chung International School–Secondary provides international education to expatriate and local children aged 12 – 18 (Years 7-13). Recognised as one of the top international schools in Hong Kong, the YCIS curriculum prepares students to become bilingually competent in English and Chinese and internationally-minded global citizens. Years 7-9 represent Lower Secondary, followed by the 2-year IGCSE Programme in Years 10-11, and finally the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12-13.
In efforts to widen participation and enable more local students to benefit from a YCIS education in Secondary, YCIS has launched a new Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS). This scheme aims to award local students (i.e. Hong Kong Permanent Residents) who excel academically and/or in extracurricular areas (e.g. sports, music, art, etc.), and demonstrate good character and attitude. Students must be recommended by Chief Commissioner, and their parents should also be supportive of YCIS educational philosophy. The details of this scheme for entry in August 2018 are shown as follows:
1) On or before 4 January 2018 (Thursday) –for each recommended Girl Guide, they should submit the following documents for selection to email@example.com:
- A Recommendation Letter from Guider and
- School Transcripts for last 2 academic years and
- Copies of supporting documents related to Academic excellence and/or outstanding performance in an extracurricular area
2) 9th February 2018 (Friday) – YCIS will invite student for assessment and interviews.
3) 9th March 2018 (Friday) – YCIS will announce results to the UG Heads and students.
4) Referrals of additional suitable candidates may be made at any point before June 2018.
Criteria for selection:
- Academic excellence and/or outstanding performance in an extracurricular area;
- Good character and attitude;
- Parents are supportive of YCIS educational philosophy.
- Receive up to 100% and multi-year tuition fee waiver, until Secondary completion (Year 13);
- Receive up to HKD 30K annual educational allowance for school trips and others mandatory expenses (e.g. laptop, public exam fees);
- Debenture will be waived.
Please mark clearly on the envelope “Yew Chung International School (YCIS) Chief Officer Recommendation Scheme (CORS)”
Submitting your application
The Hong Kong Girl Guides Association
(8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon)
By Post (The post mark will be taken as the submission date)
Please feel free to contact Miss Mandy Tsui at 2359 6824 or E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries. For updated information, please refer to the website.