WAGGGS Volunteer Resource Pool
Open for application throughout the year!
Purpose of the Volunteer Pool
- To support various projects that provide opprtunities and build capacity around the core mission areas of Girl Guiding and Girl Scouting; a high-quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout experience rooted in our Educational Method and strengthening leadership practices across the Movement.
- To support projects related to other areas of capacity building as appropriate and faciliate the translation and adaption of WAGGGS' work to different languages and contexts.
Membership of the Volunteer Pool
- All WAGGGS members joining the pool will require the recommendation of their Member Organisation (MO) or Component Association (CA)
- Non-WAGGGS members may join the pool but do so as external experts and may not represent the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement or any MO/CA
- Past WAGGGS members (eg: individuals who are no longer members of their previous MO/CA) may join the pool as external experts with the agreement of their previous MO / CA, on the understanding that they may not represent the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement or any MO/CA
- Membership of the Volunteer Resource Pool is for a six-year period, starting from the date the volunteer signs their recommendation form
- Membership can be renewed upon agreement by all parties
- Members are expected to act as positive ambassadors for the Girl Guide and Girl Scout Movement, to role model the Movement's values at all times and abide by WAGGGS’ confidentiality policy
- All members must complete any induction as required by the World Association and agree to adhere to all other relevant policies and procedures as determined by the World Association
- Membership of specific project teams or the Volunteer Resource Pool can be cancelled at any time, upon written notification from either the volunteer, the MO/CA or WAGGGS
- Fluency in one or more of the WAGGGS official languages; English, French, Spanish, Arabic.
- Open minded and willing to try new things
- Commitment to consciously practice the WAGGGS leadership model (training will be given)
- Can work effectively and flexibly in a highly diverse environment
- Has reliable access to the internet and the skills to work virtually
- Demonstrates an understanding of facilitation, and willingness to extend their facilitation expertise
- High level of expertise in one or more of the following capacity building areas:
- Organisational Identity (embedding mission vision and values into the organisation)
- Organisational structure and strategy (strategy and planning and governance)
- Quality Girl Guide and Girl Scout Experience (girl programme and educational method)
- Leadership Practice (strengthening leadership at all levels for girls and adults)
- Recruitment and retention
- Organisational management (including HR both for staff and volunteers)
- Fundraising and resource mobilization
- Image and visibility (including communications brand and media relations)
- Influence (including advocacy and partnerships)
For details, please refer to the following documents;
Terms of Reference: Click Here
Information Sheet: Click Here
Please complete and return the Application Form to International & China Liaison Office by post (Headquarter: 8 Gascoigne Road, Kowloon) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 5pm, 27 August 2018.
International & China Liaison Office
Tel: 2359 6827